Last night, completely on a whim, I made myself a mini Sew Together Bag. I keep my epp supplies in the one I made a while back so I knew a smaller version would be a great addition to my ever growing collections of pouches I use daily.
I followed this tutorial and measurement chart to cut out all the pattern pieces (just so you know you still need the original pattern to be able to figure all the measurements out). I also read through Quilt Barn's sew together bag sew along as I worked on my pouch. Her in progress photos are super clear and a great supplement to the original pattern. They saved me lots of head scratching moments for sure :).
Ages ago, when I made my first Sew Together Bag I used interfacing as directed, but the pouch turned out too floppy for my liking. So, with my second one, I used tons of fusible fleece. In fact, I used a little too much of it which made for an extra stiff and thick pouch.
I think I finally got it right this time. I fused SF101 interfacing to all pattern pieces, and added a duck canvas layer to main panel. Worked like a charm. The finished pouch is neither too floppy not too stiff, it's just perfect.
Oh, I love this pouch so much. I love its shape, and simple fabrics I used, and that striped binding, of course. And a metal zipper, I'm really obsessed with metal zippers these days :).
And, just for comparison, here are my two pouches. Top one is the original size with three pockets, bottom one is a smaller size with two pockets.
Thanks for stopping by everyone. Svetlana