yet another pillow

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I'd like to show you yet another pillow I made over the weekend. Another pillow? you ask. Yes, I seem to be on a sort of pillow making spree.

Here she is, what do you think?


I completely "blame" Jamie for this one. A few days ago she sent me some amazing Japanese charms and this absolutely adorable red / pink/ white fabric.


Actually, not all the charms made it to the photograph because by the time I realized that I wanted to take a picture of them, many very already cut into smaller pieces to make the above pillow. Aren't they beautiful?

I used Tamiko' tutorial , she also included a paper piecing template you can print.  I personally love paper piecing as it leads to really nice corners that don't get cut off in the process.


I decided to try something different for the back of the pillow. I went with 2 fabrics and joined them with a zipper. The top fabric is the one Jamie sent me and the gray polka dots are from Denyse Schmidt's newest Aunt Edna collection. I used Rashida's washi fabric for the binding.

The finished pillow is 12" x 18". And, this little cutie officially brings the count of the pillows in our family room to 13!!! Can you tell I love pillows?

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. Svetlana.